TravelCenters of America has announced the locations of four franchise truck stops that are expected to open before the end of the year.
The Westlake, Ohio-based company operates and franchises TA, Petro and TA Express truck stops.
By the end of 2022, two franchise travel centers are planned in California and one in Missouri and Oklahoma.
The new travel centers planned:
- TA Madera, California, which is in the San Joachin Valley, about 30 miles northwest of Fresno.
- TA Express Norwood, Mo., which is about 60 miles east of Springfield, Mo.
- TA Express Tonkawa, Okla., which is approximately 100 miles north of Oklahoma City, Okla., on I-35.
- TA Express Olancha, California, which is 180 miles north of Los Angeles on US 395.
America Travel Centers list of locations on its website shows that it has 13 travel centers in California, 10 travel centers in Missouri and four in Oklahoma.
The company previously reported four new TravelCenters of America locations. Three of them are truck stops that the company bought and converted. One of the new locations is a franchise.
Newly opened locations:
- AT in Cuba, Mo. (formerly Midwest Travel Center), off I-44 southwest of St. Louis. There is parking for 500 semi-trailers.
- TA Express in Fair Play, SC. (formerly Carolina’s Travel Center), off I-85. There is parking for 130 semi-trailers.
- TA Express in Statesboro, Georgia. (newly constructed site owned by the company), about 50 miles from Savannah, Ga. There is parking for 125 tractor-trailers there.
- TA Express in Riverton, IL. (a newly constructed franchise site), off I-72 just east of Springfield, Illinois.
Modernized Travel Centers
TravelCenters of America is in the middle of a truck stop site upgrade plan announced last year. He reports having completed upgrades to more than 50 travel centers. Its objective, announced at the end of 2021, is to open more than 100 new addresses.
Improvements to the travel center have included increased comfort in driver lounges, renovated restrooms, improved showers, new light fixtures, new flooring and fresh paint, new store signage, and repaved parking lots.
To see sites that have been revamped, updated, or redesigned, Click here.
Healthy food options
TravelCenters of America also recently announced an initiative to help drivers stay healthy.
The company is collaborating with the Cleveland Clinic to offer new healthy meal options at all Country Pride and Iron Skillet full-service restaurants beginning Nov. 1.
Additionally, through this collaboration, the company identifies healthy snacks and on-the-go food options in travel stores.
TravelCenters of America Inc., based in Westlake, Ohio, is listed on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange. Founded in 1972, it operates at 280 locations in 44 states. It also operates more than 600 full-service and quick-service restaurants and nine exclusive brands, including Iron Skillet and Country Pride. LL
After economic news is available on LandLine.Media.